Medicare drug plan consumer ratings
Part D Medicare Plan Ratings, Reviews and Forums

Medicare drug plan ratingsMedicare drug plan ratingsMedicare drug plan ratingsMedicare drug plan forums

All Forums -> Getting Specific Medications

Omeprazole - It's a miracle drug for us who take it for Chronic heartburn/acid!
  Search In:           

PDark
    Boston, Massachusetts

Post Date: 11/23/2011 3:45:48 PM
Last year, my 2011 Part D Prescription Provider (RxAmerica) decided to limit the coverage of Omeprazole Cap (20mg) to only 90 Capsules per year! I have NO idea what was behind this decision other than utter stupidity/ignorance or simply trimming their bottom-line costs. What they failed to understand were two important things: (1) some patients take Omeprazole for otherwise UNCONTROLLABLE and CHRONIC heart-burn (acid) and rely on it daily, as well as constant insurance coverage, and have been taking it for decades. BTW: This is unlike a patient who needs to take Omeprazole/Prilosec on a temporary basis. (2) It would be cost prohibitive for patients on low and fixed incomes to now pay for their yearly dosage of omemprazole! I don’t know what happened – perhaps an outcry from patients and/or doctor’s office alike, but my new 2012 Part D Prescription Provider (CVS Caremark Value) will cover 60 capsules per month for the complete year! Thank you to the decisions makers at CVS Caremark Value who understand the difference between occasional heartburn treatment and CHRONIC conditions requiring constant use and thus the reasonable decision to cover it for them!
LearnMedicaid
Post Date: 1/31/2012 4:27:36 PM
I love Omeprazole. Works well for me.

Home   Plans & Ratings   PharmacyChecker Blog   Rate Your Plan   Forums   About Us   Contact Us   News   Login

©2014 MedicareDrugPlans.com

This site contains consumer research and information related to Medicare drug plans and is independently developed and operated by PharmacyChecker.com. It is not associated with, endorsed or authorized by any part of the U.S. government. If you would like the official government website for Medicare, visit www.medicare.gov.