Medicare drug plan consumer ratings
Part D Medicare Plan Ratings, Reviews and Forums

Medicare drug plan ratingsMedicare drug plan ratingsMedicare drug plan ratingsMedicare drug plan forums

All Forums -> Medicare Advantage Plans

secure horizons advantage plan
  Search In:           

bcraigdog

Post Date: 10/22/2009 8:10:16 AM
well, after talking to several people at medicare, i ended up changing from healthnet orange to secure horizons. the people i talked to insured me that it was the best plan for me. i immediatly fell into the donut hole and have run that gauntlet for several months. paying $500.00 and $300.00 for just two of the 11 drugs im on almost killed me. these two drugs happened to be class 2 narcotics and there were several times i had to wait to fill them until i got my disability check at the first of the month. needless to say i also went through some terrible withdrawls a couple of times. i was fortunate that my pain mngt. doctors would prescribe x amount of pills of a different brand that would keep me from getting so sick. trust me these doctors do not like to do this at all. anyway, i have been trying to research a different plan for me, when i am able. the medicare site for me at least is what i call very non-userfriendly. does anyone know an expert in these plans that could help me find a better plan that will cover drugs during the coverage gap? do any of them? if so you may e-mail me at bcraigdog@gmail.com. any help on this matter would be appreciated. bcraig
g3gg2
Post Date: 11/13/2009 9:32:05 AM
Don't get your hopes up. I have the Secure Horizons plan thru AARP and I can't get the medicine I need, it cost $186.00 for a thirty day supply which I string out for three months or more. You would think that they would look on their records to see if I am abusing the plan and then decide to cover it or not. I have been in the "gap" period for a year now and I can't afford to get what I need. I too am looking to change. I'm mad as h--l and tired of kissing up to some "rule book" in order to be able to eat everyday.

Home   Plans & Ratings   PharmacyChecker Blog   Rate Your Plan   Forums   About Us   Contact Us   News   Login

©2014 MedicareDrugPlans.com

This site contains consumer research and information related to Medicare drug plans and is independently developed and operated by PharmacyChecker.com. It is not associated with, endorsed or authorized by any part of the U.S. government. If you would like the official government website for Medicare, visit www.medicare.gov.